Sunday, April 10, 2022

Reflecting on a particular Life decision

Never put off the things you want to do today for tomorrow, because tomorrow turns into next week, next week turns into next year, then twenty years later and you still have not accomplished what you wanted. There is never the right time to do important things such as getting married, starting a family, buying a house, or get a degree, but do it anyway, push through the struggles and get it done at all cost. I wish I had done that with my education, it is definitely harder now and I really regret not finishing years ago.

When you are young you don't think, or even know what it's like to be older. So take my advice, it's inevitable, everyone gets older eventually.  You are not as fast, your memory is not as sharp, patience wears thin easily, and everything hurts, "I am not there yet in the hurt department", but I know it's coming. I have to say in the beginning I didn't think I would finish this class, if it wasn't the encouragement of Professor Wu, I probably would have given up, but now I know  that I am not doing as bad has I thought I was, I will definitely take my own advice. If the school load gets too much drop down to one class but don't stop completely, it is easier to pick up a few more courses than to start from scratch many years later. That's my advice speaking from experience the struggle is real.

12 comments:

  1. 'Never put off the things you want to do today for tomorrow...', sage advice Tracyann :-)

    I am ecstatic to hear my encouragement plays a role in your perseverance this time around for you in higher education!

    You are doing well in IS101-3010, Spring 2022 and will finish the semester strong, stay the course Tracyann ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You are not as fast, your memory is not as sharp, patience wears thin easily, and everything hurts..."

    This happened a little sooner than I expected...especially the "everything hurts" part. My bad knee is fond of reminding me of this, regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really good advice. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow is never promised nor guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree. I always tell my sister to start thinking about her future now and it always helps me as a subtle reminder to myself to keep taking my own advice. Because it is definitely hard to go off track if you do not keep reminding yourself why you are even doing this to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True words...do it when the opportunity is at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's called procrastination and it's horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice. It also helps to remind yourself that it'll only be a few years of schooling, so might as well get it out of the way now rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post, really great advice! Keep pushing yourself, you will get to your destination if you don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah I always try to celebrate progress, nor matter how little because its still a step further than where others have given up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. True words. Procrastination is the worst.

    ReplyDelete