Saturday, April 16, 2022

Observing how rude our society have become

Working in the service industry you get to see and observed a lot. The regulars who are like family, you address them by name, they address you by name. They share what's going on in their lives and even  gives you updates on past events, they've already told you about. And then you have the ones that are unhappy if they win, unhappy if they've lost, unhappy if nothing happens, they are unhappy no matter what. And then you have the high rollers who are so privileged, it doesn't matter how busy you are, they expect you to stop in the middle of what you are doing, or whoever you are helping to cater to them.

Let's face it, we all need the workers in the service industry to render services. During the pandemic everyone came to the realization that the people in the service industries are essential workers. So the next time you walk into an establishment and see someone doing the job no one else wants to do, be kind and know that, that might be someone else's mother, daughter, brother, uncle, or grandmother. Say something kind or say nothing. You never know what kind of day a person may be having and a kind word might brighten their day. We are all human and a little kindness goes a long way.

12 comments:

  1. Workers in the service industry are essential workers indeed ^_^

    Yes, a little kindness goes a long way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a really meaningful post. I agree that society has become very rude and many people expect to be catered while others understand the struggles of each other while not even knowing, but know we are all going through something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got back to the mainland, I started serving again, after two years out of the game. It took six months before I was putting in my two weeks' notice.

    People have gotten so demanding after being "deprived" of eating out for two years. Even after having served for 10+ years, I still wasn't prepared for how ridiculous people have gotten post-pandemic.

    A friend of mine recently offered me a part-time job on the side at a really nice fusion restaurant, and I've thought about it (for the summer), but...I haven't decided yet.

    I don't really have the patience for these people like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree, I don't wanna do half the things I gotta do, but I still go about my day with a smile or at the very least a positive grunt and grin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl yes people been extra rude for no reason like ugh. I applaud everybody in the service industry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The service industry is the bread and butter of this nation. I always respect everyone in this industry for the phenomenal job they do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rude and entitled people are definitely not fun to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree. I think it is just disgusting when someone treats the person who is servicing them rudely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh yeah I really hate working retail or service industry. I dont think they get paid enough for what they deal with so ideally I try not to apply for those positions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. If you don't have anything good to say then just don't say anything, people need to be more mindful of others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. People have always been rude, especially if you work retail or the service industry. People make you want to quit your job because of how rude they are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Americans are the worst at that. They all complain about being treated horribly at work, but then turn around and do it to others. It's a viscous cycle. Americans also feel entitled to being treated special and feel as though they must be treated with respect no matter how rude and childish they behave. Honestly I hate "people" so I avoid unnecessary people in my life at all costs and I pursue jobs that deal with the least amount of people as possible.

    ReplyDelete