Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Concatenating in Excel 5.6.5

Concatenate is a cool feature. I have to admit, when I first saw this feature I felt like wow!, this is a lot to remember, but once I got it down I'm loving it, this is great.

I know now, how to add a whole string of text together with this function, that cuts the typing time in half. This is awesome, to be able to combine contents from different cells together into a single cell. I also learned how to Concat first and last names without having to type the whole thing, and how to add emails in with the text. This feature is so cool.  You can even use the '&' symbol as a shortcut to Concat a string of items together into the same cell.

I have learned how to add space, comma, and period, into the data by putting it in quotations. Quotation in an Excel function, let the computer know it is working with text. I am in awe about these new functions, not just Concat but a few others. Excel is pretty cool, I wish I knew all these functions years ago. I love all the new features I am learning about Microsoft Excel.

12 comments:

  1. The Concatenate/Concat function is definitely useful in joining strings of text and symbols :-)

    Very glad you learned about this function and others in Chapter 5 Microsoft Excel ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I have been having more trouble with Excel than in Word but I know in the end I will be glad I learned it in this class than struggling when I am going to have my first job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concatenation is super helpful when you're working with textual data that's poorly organized/regimented. It can definitely spare you a lot of headaches when working with real-word data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was stuck on concatenation for a bit on the fun with excel work book. But it is a good feature once mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, the concat function is super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The concat function is really good and very simple to use once you learn how to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a cool function, but I struggled with it. I did, however, got some valuable help from the professor on how to properly use that function.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say the concat function is my favorite to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The concat function is so useful. Once I learned how to use all those tedious functions properly, I felt very big brained.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew something like the concat function existed. super neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Concat was a fun one to learn out of all the functions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm having fun with functions I've been using it at work and now spreadsheets aren't that annoying anymore.

    ReplyDelete