Monday, May 2, 2022

Interesting facts found in 2019

Here are a few facts I have chosen from the article I have read, looking for a blog topic. Study found that popping a bottle of champagne releases the same shock waves as a jet. The supersonic shock waves that are released from popping the top can produce the same Mach 1 level force as a jet.

People who function on less sleep may have a gene mutation. Some people may have a rare quality that gives them that unique ability to function on less sleep than the rest of us. A 2019 study published in Neuron shows that a mutation of the β1-adrenergic receptor allows some people to function on shorter spans of sleep better than those without the mutation. (Louis Ptáček)

Beer is good for your gut health. It turns out Belgian beers including Hoegaarden, Westmalle Tripel and Echt Kriekenbier, are just as good as yogurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut for your gut health. these beers are fermented twice and use a specific yeast that produces acids that kill harmful gut bacteria. (Eric Claassen, a professor at Amsterdam University, told 'The Independent') https://bestlifeonline.com/interesting-facts-2019/

12 comments:

  1. Cool article, thank you for sharing :-) I especially like final interesting fact: 'Grapes catch fire in the microwave.'

    "If for some reason you have a craving for hot grapes, think twice before you give them a zap in the microwave. The PNAS journal explained in March that the water beads in the grape create plasma, which results in a mini fireworks show."

    Don't try this at home! If you do, be prepared to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of wish I had this "less sleep" genetic mutation. I could get way more finished in a day if I could just run on four hours of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reason to day drink, thank you for the tip lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence...champagne and jet. Didn't realize the relation between the two apart from having a glass of champagne in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really cool facts. I didn't know people existed that can sleep less, but still function. I definitely don't have that gene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Literally my life 4 hours of sleep is the norm for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Kimchi and Beer for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought back to all the times I have popped open champagne and I could feel my happiness meter rise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can work on very little to no sleep, but when I get days off or vacation days with nothing to do I crash hard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely have that mutation because the most sleep I get a night is about 5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like beers much. I much prefer Soju and sweet, fruity drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool facts about beer. I never knew!

    ReplyDelete