Friday, April 22, 2022

Things I didn't know about roses

Did you know that roses are one of the oldest flowers in the world I have read that archeologist have found roses dated back to 35 million years, Roses are eatables, in the medieval days roses were use to decorate buildings, medicinal extracts, cooking ingredients and ornaments.
 
Their fragrance is used to make perfumes, specifically rose oil. Bulgaria is one of the largest producer of rose oil. The colors of roses have meaning in the western world, like red roses is associated to love and romance, pink, grace and elegance, and so on.  I didn't know that the rose is the US national flowers. President Ronald Reagan officially made the rose, the national flower emblem of the United States. Very interesting fun facts about roses.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know rose is the national flower of the United States, cool :-)

    Found this interesting article: https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-08-30/Plants-Nations-What-does-the-rose-mean-for-the-Americans--JzXfuhqBMc/index.html

    35 million years? Found this article: https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-cultivated-decorative-plant

    Thanks for sharing this interesting topic ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts. I love the smell of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have roses in my backyard and I never knew these things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked roses...the symbology associated with them is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's crazy, I didn't know roses were 35 million years old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many facts I did not know about roses. Yellow roses are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually bought myself red and yellow roses the other day. I didn't know that roses were nation emblem, how interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 35 million years old? That's a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know some roses has medicinal purposes, but I did not know they are edibles as well. Nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flowers in general, but roses are amazing! I love the use of its symbolism in all kinds of different aspects and communities such as gaming or fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, chivalry isn't dead if roses have been around for more than 35 million years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know those facts about roses, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete